My Pets are not pets to me

To me they are my little feathered and furry kids. My hubby and I have two cats, one male, and one female. Inky and Oscar are their names although they are rarely called by their names. Inky better know as Stinkerella and Oscar also know as Oopy. They spend their day's laying around, sunbathing, eating, stinking up the laundry room where the litter box is. They spend their nights chasing each other through the house until it's time to go to bed and crowd Mom and Dad...lol.
Then there are three more, they are my "fids" (feathered kids) Harold, Frank, and Isabella. Harold and Frank are my Cockatiels who I adore. I love to listen to them sing and watch them dance together in perfect harmony back and forth on the perches tapping their "bracelets" (ID bands) and belt out a little tune when they both reach a certain point of the perch. Harold likes to have some time to himself now and then and when he gets it, he will say his name, laugh like crazy, and ask himself over and over again, "whatcha doin Harold?" While Frank is content to sit alone and watch the wild birds out at the feeder while he belts out a few wolf whistles to the prettiest birds to show up for a little afternoon snack.
Then we have the beautiful Isabella also know as "Izzy" & "Izzy B" who is my baby, my love, my heart. She is an African Gray Parrot who will be two years old in June. She is a wonderful talker, a great Acrobat, and all around talented, goof ball. She can brighten anyone's day with her antics and her sweet voice asking, "are you okay?" She is the bright spot in mine and my husbands life. She can make him forget about his bad day at work anytime he needs it. She pretty much makes everything seem unimportant after spending a few minutes with her. Then there's her trickery, she can mimic the phone ringing, which will make both my husband and I look for the phone, she spent last summer listening to the road crews pave our road so now when she hears vehicles in the driveway she can do a perfect backup beep like the big trucks. I don't think there is a noise or sound she has heard that she can't mimic yet.
I also have a backyard pond full of Goldfish and Koi, frogs and the occasional turtle. The pond draws lots of beautiful Dragonfly's and Butterfly's. The wild birds come to bath in the waterfall. Yes I must admit I do have a favorite fish, he is my one eyed Koi which I call Eddie. There is a story behind that but that's for a later date. I love to sit outside and listen to the waterfall and watch the fish swim and jump. All of my pets bring me great joy and I know my life would not be the same without them.
The credit for this article goes to sugaykisses.com who gave me the idea to write this so be sure to check out her blog at sugaykisses.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This giveaway has ended! Winner to be announced soon! Bake Me A Wish Gourmet Cake Review and Giveaway

Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Review and Giveaway

I got paid to shop and do my taxes!